Aura Cacia Organic French Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is grown and distilled in France. It has a sweet, floral aroma with balsamic undertones.
Lavender is the most popular essential oil and is widely recognized for its aroma and many uses. It is generally considered one of the safest oils to use for adults and children, and scientific studies over the years have verified its many benefits.
What’s the difference between organic lavender essential oil and conventional lavender essential oil?
Organic oils differ from conventional oils in that the botanicals from which they are derived are grown according to the USDA’s Organic Standards. Our manufacturing facility and all of our organic oils have also been certified organic by the established third-party certifier, Quality Assurance International (QAI).
- Lavender essential oil is dominated by middle notes, mainly linalool and linalyl acetate. It smells both floral and herbaceous, since the oil comes from the flower, leaves, and stems of new growth.
- Lavender is well known for its calming and relaxing effects. It's ideal for adults and children and can be applied topically or diffused in the air. It is commonly used in pillow sprays, personal care products, and bath blends.
- On the skin, lavender is soothing and cleansing. Because it's so mild, it finds its way in many products for facial care and in DIY facial recipes.
- Lavender's cleansing properties are effective in-home care as well. It can be used in laundry, as well as to clean the home, especially light-colored surfaces, like white tile, granite, and marble.
- Lavender blends well with many oils, including rose, neroli, rosemary, patchouli, citrus oils, and the chamomiles.
- Lavender is generally considered a middle note.